Defining an Evaluative Essay
This is one of the types of essays aimed at revealing students’ analytical skills. When working on such a paper, students will learn to evaluate specific aspects of the matter in question by thoroughly examining the topic on a vast scale. The made evaluation has to be followed by an objective viewpoint on the explored issue which in its turn has to be supported with powerful arguments.
To succeed in creating a worthy evaluation paper, one has to be fully aware of the subject. Many students have doubts about their skills and decide to ask someone for evaluative essay help. The team of WeWriteOnline.com has already created numerous essays of this kind and knows exactly what steps should be taken to achieve the finest outcome and help students of different grades reach their goals.
The main aim of an evaluative essay is to help students develop their critical thinking and analytical skills. What is more, they learn how to apply appropriate examples to support the arguments they provide. Usually, writing an evaluative essay does not present a serious challenge to the learners. That is why an evaluative essay is among those tasks that are assigned to students from the very beginning of a composition course.
One of the critical elements of an evaluative essay is its tone. It is of utmost importance to set an appropriate tone as it affects the overall comprehension of the paper. In case the tone is extremely positive or negative, the readers will definitely doubt your work. Therefore, your main objective is to write an evaluative essay in an unbiased tone. A non-prejudiced evaluative essay will help the readers form impartial judgments about the issue.
The first paragraph of the evaluative essay should introduce the issue that will be evaluated. Further, some background information on the issue should be provided. For example, if you choose to evaluate the book The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger, you should state when it was written, indicate the main theme of the book, and mention why it is so popular among the readers. Other background information may be provided as well.
It has to explain why a particular issue is chosen for evaluation. Also, you can mention the aspects you are going to evaluate. For example, The Catcher in the Rye is a well-known novel exploring many controversial, burning issues. Aimed at both adults and adolescents, the book reveals the themes of identity and teenage alienation.
Each body paragraph should be directly related to the thesis statement. Each paragraph should start with a solid, catchy topic sentence and be devoted to one idea only. You need to ensure a smooth transition between the paragraphs so that the readers can logically move from one idea to another one. Also, you can use credible sources to support your arguments. These may be some works of famous critics or articles of leading experts. Make sure to include all the used sources in the reference list provided at the end of the paper.
You need to end your evaluative essay with a reasonable conclusion that summarizes the key points covered in the paper. In addition, you can make some recommendations here. Particularly, you may recommend the book The Catcher in the Rye to a specific group of readers. For example, teenagers and adults are the ones who will be the most interested in reading the novel.
Chief Features of Evaluation Essays
Before starting producing an evaluative essay, you need to learn more about its main peculiarities. There are three of them:
- General opinion: this section is based on the opinions about different facets of the examined subject. Actually, this part is totally based on writer’s personal viewpoint that has to be reasonable.
- Reasons for the viewpoint: It is not enough to express one’s opinion about the topic. It is essential to highlight and explain the reasons for a specific view. The points substantiating your opinion have to be provided as well.
- Arguments: The points concerning the evaluated topic has to be backed up with strong evidence. Additionally, it is necessary to give examples to show how the idea which you are supporting can be put into practice.
Stages of Preparing Different Types of Evaluation Essays
- Pick the subject on which you want to create a paper. You need to know the topic well to be able to make its thorough evaluation.
- Create a thesis statement. It has to demonstrate the purpose of your essay. Thus, it has to be formulated coherently. Your thesis statement has to highlight either positive or negative features of the subject you are discussing.
- Ponder over the norms you will refer to when making your judgment. Evaluating the issue properly cannot be done in a minute. To make the evaluation process less lengthy and complex, determine a few points of interest.
- Find the arguments supporting your opinion. If you want readers to consider your viewpoint right, you should avoid making general statements. On the contrary, be specific.
- Prepare a draft of your essay. It should highlight the principles and arguments you refer to when writing your paper.
- Produce an essay making a common structure, i.e. introductory section, body, and a concluding unit. The introduction should present your opinion about the matter in question. In the body section, you are required to provide the facts upholding your viewpoint. The concluding part should sum up the points discussed in your essay and reiterate your main idea. The synthesis of your arguments should be also presented in this section.
- Proofread your paper several times.
Fascinating Evaluative Essay Topics
Creating an intriguing title for the paper can be a real challenge. You may either ask your friends for help or turn to us. Our qualified specialists are always ready to assist you in producing your piece of writing. Take a look at the list presented below to see what topics may be selected for your essay.
- Evaluate the impact of sports programs on forming people’s attitudes to sport.
- Assess the value of Olympic Games.
- Highlight the importance of the sports programs designed for university students.
- Gauge the process of examining the influence of societal norms on people.
- Assess basketball as an indoor game. What differs this game from others? Why does a large number of people like both watching basketball on TV and attending matches? How basketball stars influence children?
- Highlight the differences and similarities between competitive and sideline cheerleading?
- Playing pick-up games at home and at a more formal atmosphere. Illustrate the difference.
- Assess hockey as a game, the latest tournament, or the best players.
- Illustrate the difference between watching football matches at home and at the stadium.
- Watching plays on a TV or at the theater. Which option is better?
If you believe that preparing evaluative essays is not your forte, feel free to contact us. Our skilled writers will give you expert evaluative essay help so that you do not worry about your grade.
Online Evaluative Essay Writing Help from Experts
WeWriteOnline.com is a leading online agency in the writing area. It is renowned for providing its customers with magnificent online services. Our main purpose is to help students, who cannot cope with their writing projects on their own, handle everything efficiently. Whether you lack skills, time, or knowledge, you are welcome to cooperate with our team.
We are aimed at helping students enhance their academic standing and attain their goals so that they can succeed in their educational endeavors.
Our team comprises talented writers who have all the necessary skills and knowledge to create top-flight pieces of writing deserving the highest scores. They are aware of all writing criteria and principles. They have already written a considerable number of different kinds of academic papers meaning they know how to produce impressive content.
Why Choose WeWriteOnline.com
There are many reasons for selecting WeWriteOnline.com as an online writing assistant. First, the writers working for us are highly qualified specialists who are familiar with all writing styles and norms. They always follow customers’ directions when preparing papers. Second, our papers are arranged and cited properly what guarantees authenticity. A correct evaluation essay format is guaranteed as well. What is more, our online company provides clients with a firm money-back guarantee. When dealing with us, you may forget about all your worries concerning your assignments.
It is also worth admitting that our support representatives are available 24/7. If you have any queries or just need some information about your assignment, contact them straight away. Now, you do not have to bother yourself with such questions as “What is an evaluative essay? How to craft it appropriately?” Turn to us and you will free yourself from stress and irritation. When dealing with us, you can be sure of getting impeccable papers containing neither errors nor plagiarism. Moreover, when cooperating with our team, you can be certain that your essay will be delivered to you on time. Besides, it will not cost you a fortune.
Contact us to get top-notch content meeting your specifications!